ProSafe 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch
The NETGEAR® Gigabit Unmanaged Switch series helps businesses costeffectively expand their network to Gigabit speeds and higher port counts. The GS105, GS108, and GS108PP Gigabit Ethernet switches come with 5 and 8 Gigabit copper ports in a desktop metal case and are wall-mountable. These switches are energy efficient, built to last, and rigorously tested to provide the reliability businesses need. 802.1p traffic prioritization and jumbo frame support allow for seamless integration with more sophisticated networks.
Plug and Play
- The standards-based ProSAFE Gigabit switches senses and adjusts for network speed and cabling type automatically. Easily integrates into your existing Ethernet network - no matter if it is running at 10/100Mbps or Gigabit speed
- Simple set up with no software or configuration needed
- Front panel LEDs keep you informed of power status, link speed and link activities
Prioritize mission-critical applications such as voice and video Support IEEE 802.1 p and DSCP-based QoS for delivering data based on priority and type
High Quality and Reliable Performance
- Superior network performance at non-blocking rate delivers true Gigabit speed with no compromise
- Durable metal case and long product life (shown by MTBF numbers)
Industry’s leading lifetime warranty, not only on hardware but also include lifetime online support as well as next-business day (NBD) replacement support, providing customers peace-of-mind using NETGEAR switches in their network.
GS105, GS108, and GS108PP support the latest Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption when there is light traffic on an active port or when there is no link or no activity detected. It can further save energy when a short cable (<100m) is used. Energy savings lead directly to cost savings in operation.
- Provides maximum performance, connecting up to 10x faster than Fast Ethernet
- Makes it simple to combine Fast Ethernet and Gigabit devices in your network
- Incorporates Plug-and-Play ease of use
Gigabit Power, 10/100 Simplicity
- Connects up to 10x faster than Fast Ethernet for maximum performance†
- Simple to combine Fast Ethernet and Gigabit devices in your network
- NETGEAR Green features provide energy savings
- Plug-and-play installation delivers ease of use
- ProSafe 5- and 8-port Gigabit Desktop Switches connect your network with the dual advantages of performance and convenience
- Fast, auto-switching Ethernet connection integrates 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps devices into your network
- Supports Windows and Macintosh platforms
- LEDs make it easy to monitor link, speed, and activity
- AutoUplink technology automatically adjusts for two common types of cables
- Compact metal case for desktop or wall mounting
- Up to 60% lower power consumption
- Auto power-down mode saves energy when port is unused
- Efficient Energy Star compliant power supply
- Packaging manufactured with at least 80% recycled materials
|NETGEAR GS105 Specifications|
|Quality of Service (QoS)||
|IEEE Network Protocols||
|Miscellaneous Features||IEEE 802.3AZ (Energy Efficient Ethernet)|
|Power Consumption (when all ports used, line-rate traffic and max PoE)||Worst case, all ports used, line-rate traffic, max PoE: 2.7w|
|Electromagnetic Emissions and Immunity||Certifications Class (including but not limited to CE mark, commercial, FCC Part 15, VCCI, EN55022 (CISPR 22), C-Tick, EN50082-1, EN55024, CCC)|
*Free basic installation support provided for 90 days from date of purchase. Advanced product features and configurations are not included in free basic installation support; optional premium support available.
Download the NETGEAR GS105, GS108 and GS108PP Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.