Nighthawk® S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact us for a replacement.
Wire Up for the Best Gaming and Streaming Experience
- Industry-first “cool-touch" premium zinc-alloy housing for durability and looks, with soft-touch no-slip base
- Ideal for multi-user online/VR gaming and 4K HD video/media streaming
- Low latency for ultimate gaming experience
- User-friendly preconfigured one-click optimized settings for gaming, media steaming, and standard networking, plus two customizable user-defined configurations
- Offload high-bandwidth applications/stress from your wireless network ensuring best performance and experience for gaming, media steaming, etc.
- Four levels of network traffic prioritization and Quality of Service (QoS) management for ultra-high performance
- IGMP snooping support for multicast operation
- Link Aggregation/port trunking provides up to 4Gbps connection to link aggregation-enabled devices such as ReadyNAS®
- Connect with Nighthawk routers for the best performing home network anywhere
- Multi-language GUI support (English, German, Japanese)
- Industry-leading 3 year warranty
With preconfigured and optimized QoS settings that prioritize your gaming activity on the network, you'll have the advantage when taking on your gaming foes.
Organize LAN gaming parties with rapid installation and configuration for all-night gaming with friends.
The Nighthawk S8000 provides seamless, simultaneous HD streaming to multiple devices. Preconfigured and optimized QoS helps to reduce buffering and jittery video.
Just relax and enjoy your favorite movie!
Multi-Device Connection for the Home
The Nighthawk S8000 switch connects high-bandwidth demanding wired devices, allowing you to offload this bandwidth intense traffic from your wireless network for a better user experience in the home. The Nighthawk S8000 switch comes with an easy-to-use setup and configuration user interface, with preconfigured one-touch settings for gaming, media streaming, standard networking and two additional customizable user-defined configurations. And with port aggregation, you can double, triple, or quadruple the connection speed to link-aggregation enabled devices such as ReadyNAS for the fastest file transfers, backups, or gaming, while also providing a redundant connection for fail-over.
Connect to a NETGEAR Nighthawk router to for the ultimate home network and the coolest switch on the market!
Ultra-high performance for high demanding multi-player, online, or VR gaming and 4K UHD media streaming for the home.
Offload high-bandwidth applications/stress from your wireless network ensuring the best performance and experience on your home network.
- GIGABIT WIRED - 8-port Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- LINK AGGREGATION - Ability to aggregate up to four Gigabit LAN ports
- LOW LATENCY - QoS management for ultra-high performance
- GLITCH-FREE STREAMING - 4K UHD streaming with Multicasting support
Easy to Configure - One-Click Setup
Fast set up and configuration. Choose between low latency gaming, high priority media streaming, standard LAN networking, port aggregation or your own customizable user-defined modes.
- Pre-optimized settings for gaming and streaming
- Mobile-optimized Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Multi-language GUI support
- One-click user-defined configurations
- 4 Levels of traffic prioritization
- Port rate-limiting
Industry-first “cool-touch" premium zinc-alloy housing for durability and looks, with soft-touch no-slip base.
- "Cool-touch" premium zinc-alloy housing
- Soft-touch no slip-base
- Port activity LED On/Off
Fastest Backups and File Transfers
With NETGEAR link aggregation (port trunking), a 10GB backup finishes almost 4x faster.
|LED on/off (Port and Power)||Yes|
|Packet buffer memory (Dynamically shared across only used ports)||192 KB|
|Latency Non-Congested Network||Nighthwak Switch : 2.7μs
Standard Gigabit Switch : 3.7μs
|Latency Congested Network||Nighthwak Switch : 4.7μs
Standard Gigabit Switch : 451 μs
|Bandwidth (Full Duplex Fabric)||16Gbps|
|Priority queuing||Weighted Round Robin (WRR)|
|MAC address database size (48-bit MAC addresses)||4K|
|Packet forwarding rate (64 byte packet size) (Mfps or Mpps)||11.9 Mfps|
|IEEE STANDARDS SUPPORTED|
|Web browser-based graphical user interface (GUI)||Yes|
|Multi-language GUI support||English, German, Japanese|
|Firmware upgrade||HTTP (Web GUI)|
|Configuration/switch settings (backup, restore)||Web GUI|
|One-click optimized setup||Yes|
|Default preset modes||Gaming (Optimizes Port 1 for a gaming device and Port 8 for Uplink)
Media Streaming (Optimizes Port 2 for a media streaming device and Port 8 for Uplink)
Networking Preset (All ports have equal prioritization)
|Customizable preset modes||2|
|Firmware upgrade through web GUI (HTTP)||Yes|
|Config download (to switch) through web GUI (HTTP)||Yes|
|Config upload (to server) through web GUI (HTTP)||Yes|
|Loop detection||Yes (port LEDs rapid blink on affected ports)|
|Cable test utility||Yes|
|L2 SERVICES - VLANS|
|Port-based VLANs (physical)||Yes|
|IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging||Yes|
|QUALITY OF SERVICE (QOS)|
|Port-based rate limiting||Ingress and egress|
|IEEE 802.1p CoS (Class of Service)||Yes|
|Per port rate limiting rates||512 Kbit/s
|Predefined port priority queues||Critical/High/Medium/Low|
|Weighted Round Robin (WRR)||Yes|
|L2 SERVICES - MULTICAST FILTERING|
|IGMP snooping (v1, v2 and v3)||Yes|
|IGMP snooping querier||No|
|Block unknown multicast||Yes|
|Static multicast router port||Yes|
|L3 SERVICES - DHCP|
|Static Manual LAGs (Port Trunking)||Yes|
|# of Static LAGs/# of members in each LAG||2 LAGs with max 4 members in each LAG|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||195 x 149 x 40 mm (7.7 x 5.9 x 1.6 in)|
|Weight||0.74 kg (1.63 lbs)|
|Power Supply||External PSU, 12VDC, 1A max;
Power supply localized to country of sale
|Max power (worst case, all ports used, line-rate traffic) (Watts)||3.8W|
|Min power (link-down standby) (Watts)||0.8W|
|Heat Dissipation (max and min) (BTU/hr)||Max: 13.1 BTU/hr Min: 2.9 BTU/hr|
|Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) IEEE 802.3az||Yes (deactivated by default)|
Download the NETGEAR GS808E Datasheet (PDF).