NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 8-Stream WiFi 6 Mesh Extender
Upgrade your WiFi to First Class
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
More pricing below, click here!
NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream Mesh Extender (EAX80) supports the latest generation WiFi 6 (802.11ax) standard. This powerful Nighthawk Mesh Extender is built for the future of WiFi delivering maximum capacity, maximum speed and more coverage. Enjoy a better connected home experience and extend faster WiFi to the farthest corner of your home with blazing fast speeds up to 6Gbps. With 8-streams WiFi, more spatial streams provide more available bandwidth and less congestion for all the devices in the WiFi network. Ideal for large homes with up to 6 bedrooms, you can extend powerful WiFi to every corner and take advantage of the fastest broadband speeds available to get the speeds you pay for. Easily set up your extender and get more out of your WiFi with the Nighthawk App. Upgrade to Nighthawk AX8 WiFi 6 Extender to experience the fastest WiFi speeds with up to 4-times greater network capacity than WiFi 5 allowing you to connect more and more devices to your WiFi today and in the future.
- 8 Stream WiFi 6—4X Better Performance
Eight WiFi spatial streams - four in the 2.4GHz band and four in the 5GHz band - offer four times the device capacity as compared to typical 2x2 AC WiFi. This results in a significantly improved network capacity and benefits the performance of all legacy devices.
- Expansive Coverage for Your Smart Home
Wider range to cover every corner of your home even where your router WiFi cannot reach. Get better coverage for your outdoor wireless security cameras or the garage.
- Up to 6Gbps Ultra-fast WiFi Speeds
AX6000 WiFi with combined speeds up to 6Gbps (4.8+1.2Gbps)† extend Gigabit speeds throughout your home. The 160MHz Channel Support provides Gigabit WiFi connectivity speeds for compatible mobile devices and laptops**, up to 2 times faster than standard 2x2 AC WiFi with 80MHz.
- One WiFi Name & Smart Roaming
Extend coverage of your home's WiFi with same WiFi name and security password as your router. Smart Roaming automatically connects your mobile devices to the best available WiFi for superior streaming as you move around your house.
- Built for Gigabit Internet Service & Beyond
Extend Gigabit Wi-Fi connectivity to compatible mobile devices & laptops. Gigabit Internet provides smoother ultra HD/4K streaming & gaming—wired or wireless.
- Reliable Smart Home Connectivity
Wi-Fi 6 features simultaneous dual band support, making it ideal for multiple IoT devices in our connected homes. Your WiFi will stay strong and reliable, even with more WiFi devices on your network from the sensor-based low-bandwidth devices to high-end video streaming.
- Smoother UHD 4K/8K Streaming
Watch ultra-HD 4K/8K videos on your smart TV while your family games online and uploads pictures from their smartphones. Streaming from Netflix or YouTube has never been so smooth.
- Faster and Farther Coverage
WiFi has never been faster or reached farther. So whether your family is gaming in the basement or streaming videos by the pool, everyone enjoys ultra-fast wireless speeds, indoors and out.
Easily Create a Mesh WiFi 6 System with your Existing Router
Expand coverage of your Existing Router using your current WiFi name and password. This unique desktop design has four powerful internal antennas that extend WiFi signals to where your router WiFi cannot reach. Nighthawk AX8 Mesh Extender is backward compatible with previous WiFi generations (11b/g/n/a/ac) and will work with all your existing internet-connected devices.
Gigabit WiFi to Mobile Devices
Support for 160MHz channel allows the Nighthawk AX8 WiFi 6 Mesh Extender to stream at Gigabit speeds to supported mobile devices, which are increasingly used for video streaming or gaming.
Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA)
Using the uplink and downlink OFDMA§ feature of WiFi 6, the WiFi traffic is managed much more efficiently since data is transmitted from different devices concurrently, rather than having each device’s data wait for its turn. This results in in an efficient use of air-time, reduced latency, and increased bandwidth to add more devices to your network.
4x4 Multi-User MIMO
Using multi-user MIMO technology, routers and extenders can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk App makes it easy to set up your extender and get more out of your WiFi. With the app, you can install your extender in a few steps—just connect your mobile device to the network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once set up, you can use the intuitive dashboard to manage your network.
- Network Management—Easily monitor and manage your home network
- Quick Setup—Get connected in just minutes
- Get it at nighthawk-app.com
Get ultra-fast wireless speeds for better 4K UHD streaming, gaming or video conferencing experience.
- UP TO 6GBPS SPEEDS—1.2 + 4.8Gbps† with 8-stream connectivity
- 4x4 MU-MIMO —Go faster by simultaneously streaming to multiple devices
- POWERFUL PROCESSOR—64-bit 1.8GHZ dual-core processor ensures smooth 4K UHD streaming & gaming
- 160MHZ CHANNEL SUPPORT—Doubles the speeds as offered by 80MHz channels to provide Gigabit speeds for compatible mobile devices and laptops
- 1024-QAM—25% increased data efficiency and faster speeds than a 256-QAM router
- ONE SUPERSPEED USB 3.0 PORT—Up to 10x faster than USB 2.0
- 4 GIGABIT PORTS—Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections
Get better performance for all your smart home devices even when your family is busy streaming videos or uploading media files during the Internet rush hour.
- MORE WIFI FOR MORE DEVICES—OFDMA allows efficient data transmission up to 8 devices at the same time
- UP TO 4 SIMULTANEOUS WIFI STREAMS—4-stream MU-MIMO enables up to four (4) 1x1 devices to stream content at the same time
Faster and expanded coverage throughout your home and for all your devices.
- ULTIMATE RANGE—WiFi coverage throughout very large homes
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE ANTENNAS—Internal antennas extend strong and reliable WiFi signals over larger area. Antennas are pre-optimized for best WiFi performance
With NETGEAR, sharing across your network is fun and easy, such as accessing stored photos & music.
- READYSHARE USB ACCESS—Wirelessly access & share USB hard drive via USB port
- READYSHARE PRINT—Wirelessly access & share a USB printer
There’s nothing more frustrating than lost connections! With NETGEAR’s advanced features & best-in-class technology, you’ll reduce interference & enjoy more reliable WiFi connectivity.
- BEAMFORMING+—Improve range and performance for both 2.4 and 5GHz devices
- SIMULTANEOUS DUAL BAND WIFI—Supports two WiFi bands simultaneously to double the available bandwidth and provide a reliable, dedicated WiFi network for smooth online gaming without any network congestion
Ease Of Use
Start enjoying your new device faster than ever. NETGEAR wants to make sure installation and management is simple & easy, so you can connect quickly & make sure you stay that way!
- SMART CONNECT—Intelligently selects the fastest WiFi band for every device connection. One WiFi name for the entire home.
- NIGHTHAWK APP—Easily set up your extender and get more out of your WiFi.
- AX WIFI SUPPORTS ALL CURRENT WIFI ROUTERS & WIFI DEVICES— Backward compatible with WiFi 5 and earlier generation devices
Maintain high security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online.
- STANDARDS-BASED WIFI SECURITY (802.11i, 128-bit AES encryption with PSK)
WiFi 6 for business and home office
NETGEAR has been at the forefront of innovation and cutting-edge solution for more than 20 years, providing innovative and ground-breaking network solutions which include a suite of advanced WiFi 6 products – giving you access to the most advanced WiFi on the planet.
WiFi 6 overcomes these challenges
- Coverage and range, especially through walls in blind spots
- Need for faster and easier set up
- Network and per device speed, especially with more devices
- Demand for security and access control
- Need for smooth configuration and firmware updates
WiFi 6 for Business
Why are businesses adopting WiFi 6?
- Best WiFi Speed – 70% more throughput than WiFi 5
- Connect More Devices - optimized speed even in high density areas
- Improved Coverage
- Battery Efficiency
- Seamless Roaming
- Faster Backbone with 2.5G - Multi-gig networking and connectivity
- High Density IoT
- Safer Networks
Remote WiFi 6 Management
Most NETGEAR WiFi 6 business access points include NETGEAR Insight, the award-winning remote cloud management solution for easy installation, monitoring, and management from anywhere.
NETGEAR Insight is an industry first in network management, providing easy plug-and-play setup and management. Its cloud portal can be accessed via an intuitive web interface or the Insight mobile app. Insight offers a wide variety of configuration options for the most basic networks to multi-tenancy and multi-roles.
NETGEAR Insight enables easy configuration, monitoring, and management of your wireless access points together with Insight-managed switches and storage. Wireless management features include: Instant WiFi for automatic wireless configuration to limit interferences, frequency band selection, VLAN creation and association with SSID, WiFi security configuration, visibility into WiFi clients, reporting, and many more.
Who is upgrading to WiFi 6?
- Sharing a WiFi connection with the rest of the family as people are working from home, video calling or downloading large files can slow everyone down. WiFi 6 is optimized for concurrent users.
- As medicine moves toward more innovative technologies for imaging, record storage, and telehealth, it requires more bandwidth. Upgrading to WiFi 6 helps ease high demand and provide efficiency.
- Older, legacy WiFi systems have slow bandwidth lack device capacity and less secure connections. WiFi 6 can meet growing demand for connectivity across all the technology and devices the industry depends on.
- As wireless handheld Point of Sale devices increase in use so does the need for suffcinet bandwidth and total site coverage. WiFi 6 can meet those growing demands.
- Libraries, city halls, police offices and the public sector in general are becoming more technologically advanced and reliant on WiFi and need the bandwidth capacity and efficiency it offers.
- The increase in video streaming, online with WiFi 6 greatly improve student’s and teacher’s educational experiences.
- From AI assembly line robots to autonomous delivery trucks, most or all new machinery and loT will require high bandwidth and capacity.
- Finance companies need high bandwidth and zero-delay streaming to meet the needs of daily stock market traders and demanding finance apps. WiFi 6 can keep up with these demand.
- Houses of worship need great network conncetivity to make sure everything runs smoothly for the team and improve the congregation’s experince. Reliability, simplicity and affordability are high priorities. WiFi 6 checks all those boxes.
The WiFi 6 Difference
Increased speed, coverage, and capacity for today’s WiFi demands
Up to 70% faster speeds on both bands
Up to 50% more coverage, with no dead zones
- Device Capacity
More simultaneous users, with high WiFi quality for everyone
|Number of Ethernet Ports||Four (4) 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology|
|Number of USB Ports||One (1) USB 3.0 port|
|Security||Standards-based WiFi Security (802.11i, 128-bit AES encryption with PSK) and WEP Standards|
|Dimensions||10 x 7.75 x 4.2 in (279 x 197 x 106mm)|
* 90-day complimentary technical support following purchase from a NETGEAR authorized reseller.
¹ Works with devices supporting WPS.
∞ Gigabit Internet speeds require compatible service plans and equipment.
** When working with 160MHz clients as compared to a 2x2 AC router that does not support 160MHz.
***Requires client device that supports 160MHz bandwidth on WiFi.
§ Requires compatible AX clients with DL-OFDMA and UL-OFDMA support.
† Comparable with an AC1200 WiFi Range Extender.
††Performance compared to IEEE 802.11ac wireless technology.
‡ Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput and data over distance will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building material and construction, and network overhead, result in lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. Data throughput, signal range, and wireless coverage per sq. ft. are not guaranteed and may vary due to differences in operating environments of wireless networks, including without limitation building materials and wireless interference. Specifications are subject to change without notice. The product may not be compatible with routers or gateways with firmware that has been altered, is based on open source programs, or is non-standard or outdated.
Download the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 WiFi 6 Mesh Extender Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.