NETGEAR Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream AX3000 WiFi Router
Leading the New Era of WiFi 6
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
More pricing below, click here!
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream AX3000 WiFi Router supports the latest generation WiFi 6 technology to provide greater network capacity with consistent and powerful signal strength to all your connected devices. The Nighthawk AX4 WiFi router delivers a new level of Gigabit WiFi connectivity so you can connect, stream and download faster to newer mobile devices. Powerful dual-core processor with a fully offloaded CPU increases overall performance of the network. OFDMA, 1024 QAM and 160MHz channel support vastly improve network efficiency to deliver 4 times the performance as compared to previous WiFi standards. Enjoy smoother streaming, faster downloads, and improved gaming and video conferencing.
- Ultra-fast WiFi—Up to 3Gbps (600Mbps + 2.4Gbps)† wireless speeds.
- Improved Capacity - WiFi 6 uses OFDMA to improve capacity and efficiency of your network, so more devices can connect without slowing down your WiFi.
- Gigabit WiFi to Mobile Devices - Connect, stream and download faster to newer mobile devices and computers.
- 160MHz Support - Enables Gigabit speeds to compatible mobile devices.
- Powerful Dual-Core Processor—Smooth 4K UHD streaming to Smart TVs, mobile devices and gaming consoles.
- Additional DFS Channels – Interference free experience with the advantage of additional channels.
- 5 Gigabit Ports—Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections.
- Nighthawk App—Easily set up your router and get more your of your WiFi.
- Automatic Firmware Updates — Latest security patches delivered to the router.
- Works with Existing WiFi Devices - Backward compatible with Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) and earlier generation WiFi standards.
- Works with Amazon Alexa™ and the Google Assistant.
- Supports WPA3 -- the latest and cutting-edge WiFi security protocol
- Reliable Smart Home Connectivity
Wi-Fi 6 features simultaneous dual band support, making it ideal for multiple IoT devices in our connected homes. Your WiFi will stay strong and reliable, even with more WiFi devices on your network from the sensor-based low-bandwidth devices to high-end video streaming.
- Smoother UHD 4K/8K Streaming
Watch ultra-HD 4K/8K videos on your smart TV while your family games online and uploads pictures from their smartphones. Streaming from Netflix or YouTube has never been so smooth.
- Faster and Farther Coverage
WiFi has never been faster or reached farther. So whether your family is gaming in the basement or streaming videos by the pool, everyone enjoys ultra-fast wireless speeds, indoors and out.
Powerful Dual-core Processor
Nighthawk AX4 WiFi 6 Router is powered by a powerful dual-core processor designed to transfer multi-Gigs of data. Full-packet processing offload means zero load on the CPU. Enjoy smoother Ultra-HD 4K video streaming and gaming without interruptions.
Gigabit WiFi to Mobile Devices
Support for 160MHz channel allows the Nighthawk AX4 WiFi 6 Router to stream at Gigabit speeds to supported mobile devices, which are increasingly used for video streaming or gaming.
Improved Network Capacity for More WiFi Devices
Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) enables efficient data scheduling so that more transmissions can be sent at the same time, resulting in an impressive capacity increase in your network. This increased or available bandwidth allows you to add more devices to your network. Nighthawk AX4 supports uplink and downlink OFDMA to efficiently use air-time with better frequency reuse, reduced latency, and increased network efficiency. This is extremely useful for latency sensitive applications such as virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and Internet of things (IoT) sensors.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk App makes it easy to set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. With the app, you can install your router in a few steps—just connect your mobile device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once set up, you can use the intuitive dashboard to pause the Internet on your connected devices, run a quick Internet speed test, and much more!
- Anywhere Access—Easily monitor your home network anytime, anywhere
- Internet Speed Test—Check the broadband speeds from your service provider
- Pause Internet—Pause the Internet to any device
- Traffic Meter—Track Internet data usage
- Guest Networks—Set up separate WiFi access for guests
- Quick Setup—Get connected in just minutes
- Get it at nighthawk-app.com
Get ultra-fast wireless speeds for better 4K UHD streaming, gaming or video conferencing experience.
- UP TO 3GBPS SPEEDS—600Mbps + 2400Mbps with 4-stream connectivity**
- 160MHZ CHANNEL SUPPORT***—Doubles the speeds as offered by 80MHz channels to provide Gigabit speeds for compatible mobile devices and laptops
- 1024-QAM—25% increased data efficiency and faster speeds than a 256-QAM router
- SUPERSPEED USB 3.0 PORT —Up to 10x faster than USB 2.0
- 5 GIGABIT PORTS—Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections
Get better performance for all your smart home devices even when your family is busy streaming videos or uploading media files during the Internet rush hour.
- MORE WIFI FOR MORE DEVICES— OFDMA for faster WiFi download & upload speeds by transmitting to up to 16 devices at the same time.
- WI-FI 6 OPTIMIZED POWERFUL PROCESSOR—Dual-core processor ensures smooth 4K UHD streaming & gaming – ideal for Gigabit Internet speeds
Faster and expanded coverage throughout your home and for all your devices.
- ULTIMATE RANGE—WiFi coverage throughout small to medium homes
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE ANTENNAS—Two (2) external antennas extend strong and reliable WiFi signals over larger area. Antennas are pre-optimized for best WiFi performance
With NETGEAR, sharing across your network is fun and easy, such as accessing stored photos & music.
- USB 3.0 PORT—Faster streaming, backup and easy access to your stored media
There’s nothing more frustrating than lost connections! With NETGEAR’s advanced features & best-in-class technology, you’ll reduce interference & enjoy more reliable WiFi connectivity.
- BEAMFORMING+—Improve range and performance for both 2.4 and 5GHz devices
- SIMULTANEOUS DUAL BAND WIFI—Supports two WiFi bands simultaneously to double the available bandwidth and provide a reliable, dedicated WiFi network for smooth online gaming without any network congestion
- ADDITIONAL DFS CHANNELS—Gives you an interference-free experience
Ease Of Use
Start enjoying your new device faster than ever. NETGEAR wants to make sure installation and management is simple & easy, so you can connect quickly & make sure you stay that way!
- NIGHTHAWK APP—Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. Includes remote access to manage your network away from home
- VOICE CONTROLLED BY AMAZON ALEXA & THE GOOGLE ASSISTANT— Control your NETGEAR WiFi network with simple voice commands
- SUPPORTS ALL CURRENT WIFI DEVICES—Wi-Fi 6 supports all current WiFi device and is backward compatible with Wi-Fi 5 and earlier generation devices
Maintain high security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it’s preventing phishing & spyware or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
- Standards-Based Security—802.11i, 128-bit AES encryption with PSK.
- VPN support—On PC, MAC, & now also with OpenVPN Connect app on iOS & Android, securely access your home network & Internet connection from your mobile device remotely
- Guest Network Access—Separate and secure access for guests.
- Automatic Firmware Updates—Delivers latest security patches to the router.
- LATEST SECURITY STANDARD—Supports WPA3 the latest and cutting-edge WiFi security protocol
WiFi 6 for business and home office
NETGEAR has been at the forefront of innovation and cutting-edge solution for more than 20 years, providing innovative and ground-breaking network solutions which include a suite of advanced WiFi 6 products – giving you access to the most advanced WiFi on the planet.
WiFi 6 overcomes these challenges
- Coverage and range, especially through walls in blind spots
- Need for faster and easier set up
- Network and per device speed, especially with more devices
- Demand for security and access control
- Need for smooth configuration and firmware updates
WiFi 6 for Business
Why are businesses adopting WiFi 6?
- Best WiFi Speed – 70% more throughput than WiFi 5
- Connect More Devices - optimized speed even in high density areas
- Improved Coverage
- Battery Efficiency
- Seamless Roaming
- Faster Backbone with 2.5G - Multi-gig networking and connectivity
- High Density IoT
- Safer Networks
Remote WiFi 6 Management
Most NETGEAR WiFi 6 business access points include NETGEAR Insight, the award-winning remote cloud management solution for easy installation, monitoring, and management from anywhere.
NETGEAR Insight is an industry first in network management, providing easy plug-and-play setup and management. Its cloud portal can be accessed via an intuitive web interface or the Insight mobile app. Insight offers a wide variety of configuration options for the most basic networks to multi-tenancy and multi-roles.
NETGEAR Insight enables easy configuration, monitoring, and management of your wireless access points together with Insight-managed switches and storage. Wireless management features include: Instant WiFi for automatic wireless configuration to limit interferences, frequency band selection, VLAN creation and association with SSID, WiFi security configuration, visibility into WiFi clients, reporting, and many more.
Who is upgrading to WiFi 6?
- Sharing a WiFi connection with the rest of the family as people are working from home, video calling or downloading large files can slow everyone down. WiFi 6 is optimized for concurrent users.
- As medicine moves toward more innovative technologies for imaging, record storage, and telehealth, it requires more bandwidth. Upgrading to WiFi 6 helps ease high demand and provide efficiency.
- Older, legacy WiFi systems have slow bandwidth lack device capacity and less secure connections. WiFi 6 can meet growing demand for connectivity across all the technology and devices the industry depends on.
- As wireless handheld Point of Sale devices increase in use so does the need for suffcinet bandwidth and total site coverage. WiFi 6 can meet those growing demands.
- Libraries, city halls, police offices and the public sector in general are becoming more technologically advanced and reliant on WiFi and need the bandwidth capacity and efficiency it offers.
- The increase in video streaming, online with WiFi 6 greatly improve student’s and teacher’s educational experiences.
- From AI assembly line robots to autonomous delivery trucks, most or all new machinery and loT will require high bandwidth and capacity.
- Finance companies need high bandwidth and zero-delay streaming to meet the needs of daily stock market traders and demanding finance apps. WiFi 6 can keep up with these demand.
- Houses of worship need great network conncetivity to make sure everything runs smoothly for the team and improve the congregation’s experince. Reliability, simplicity and affordability are high priorities. WiFi 6 checks all those boxes.
The WiFi 6 Difference
Increased speed, coverage, and capacity for today’s WiFi demands
Up to 70% faster speeds on both bands
Up to 50% more coverage, with no dead zones
- Device Capacity
More simultaneous users, with high WiFi quality for everyone
|WiFi Technology||802.11ax Dual Band WiFi (AX3000)|
|WiFi Performance||AX3000 WiFi|
|WiFi Range||Small to medium homes|
|WiFi Band||Simultaneous dual band 2.4 & 5GHz|
|Beamforming||Beamforming+ — Boosts speed, reliability and range of WiFi Connections for 2.4 and 5GHz|
|Number of Ethernet Ports||Five (5) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports (1 WAN & 4 LAN)|
|Number of USB Ports||One (1) USB 3.0 port|
|Dimensions||13.38 x 8.11 x 2.24 in (340 x 206 x 57 mm)|
|Weight||1.32 lb (600 g)|
† Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary and may be lowered by network and environmental conditions, including network traffic volume and building construction. NETGEAR makes no representations or warranties about this product's compatibility with AX standards.
** When working with 160MHz clients as compared to a 2x2 AC router that does not support 160MHz.
***Requires client device that supports 160MHz bandwidth on WiFi.
§ Requires compatible AX clients with DL-OFDMA and UL-OFDMA support.
‡ As compared to an AC1200 2x2 router.
Download the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream AX3000 WiFi Router Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.