WiFi 6 AX4200 Dual-band Access Point with Multi-Gig PoE
Add to Cart for Pricing
Add to Cart for Pricing
WiFi 6 high performance PoE powered wireless connectivity for Small Office and Home Office
As part of the Business Essentials line, the WAX220 is an ideal WiFi 6 solution for your small business or home office. Use this standalone access point to create your own dedicated, secure and fast wireless network. Manage it locally without any app or subscription required. Quickly and easily configure in less than 10 minutes!
The NETGEAR WiFi 6 AX4200 PoE Wireless Access Point (AP) delivers 802.11ax high performance wireless connectivity for Small Office and Home Office (SOHO) deployments and supports dual band concurrent WiFi 6 operations at 2.4GHz and 5GHz with a combined throughput of 4.2Gbps (600Mbps at 2.4GHz and 3600Mbps at 5GHz). The WAX220 WiFi 6 Access Point provides standalone configuration with easy setup for a reliable, WiFi 6 802.11ax high performance, and cost effective wireless solution.
The WAX220PA is powered by Powerover-Ethernet or a DC power adapter.
Remote monitoring and management with NETGEAR Insight
- 1-Year Insight subscription included
- Instant discovery & set-up
- Local and Cloud monitoring and management through the Insight app or Cloud Portal
- Remote access and multi-device configuration
- No additional Cloud controller, appliance, network manager, or PC/server is necessary
- QR code intial configuaration for instant installation
Easy to Configure
- Simple setup in minutes with intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Comprehensive monitoring and management through a local web portal user interface
802.11ax high performance and superior coverage
- WiFi 6 802.11ax technology
- Dual band 4x4 (transmit x receive) concurrent operation between 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency ranges
- Maximize coverage for optimal deployment for SOHO
- Supports wireless security features (WPA, WPA2 and WPA3)
- MAC based Access Control List to protect against intruders
- Hardware harness included for easy ceiling and wallmount installation
- Flexible options for power source, either by a DC power adapter (included in the WAX220PA model only) or by a PoE Ethernet switch
Interoperate with both new and legacy clients
- Support latest WiFi 6 802.11ax wireless clients to achieve maximum speed
- Backward compatible to allow legacy devices to connect at their fastest speed
WAX220 Deployment Scenario
WiFi 6 for business and home office
NETGEAR has been at the forefront of innovation and cutting-edge solution for more than 20 years, providing innovative and ground-breaking network solutions which include a suite of advanced WiFi 6 products – giving you access to the most advanced WiFi on the planet.
WiFi 6 overcomes these challenges
- Coverage and range, especially through walls in blind spots
- Need for faster and easier set up
- Network and per device speed, especially with more devices
- Demand for security and access control
- Need for smooth configuration and firmware updates
WiFi 6 for Business
Why are businesses adopting WiFi 6?
- Best WiFi Speed – 70% more throughput than WiFi 5
- Connect More Devices - optimized speed even in high density areas
- Improved Coverage
- Battery Efficiency
- Seamless Roaming
- Faster Backbone with 2.5G - Multi-gig networking and connectivity
- High Density IoT
- Safer Networks
Remote WiFi 6 Management
Most NETGEAR WiFi 6 business access points include NETGEAR Insight, the award-winning remote cloud management solution for easy installation, monitoring, and management from anywhere.
NETGEAR Insight is an industry first in network management, providing easy plug-and-play setup and management. Its cloud portal can be accessed via an intuitive web interface or the Insight mobile app. Insight offers a wide variety of configuration options for the most basic networks to multi-tenancy and multi-roles.
NETGEAR Insight enables easy configuration, monitoring, and management of your wireless access points together with Insight-managed switches and storage. Wireless management features include: Instant WiFi for automatic wireless configuration to limit interferences, frequency band selection, VLAN creation and association with SSID, WiFi security configuration, visibility into WiFi clients, reporting, and many more.
Who is upgrading to WiFi 6?
- Sharing a WiFi connection with the rest of the family as people are working from home, video calling or downloading large files can slow everyone down. WiFi 6 is optimized for concurrent users.
- As medicine moves toward more innovative technologies for imaging, record storage, and telehealth, it requires more bandwidth. Upgrading to WiFi 6 helps ease high demand and provide efficiency.
- Older, legacy WiFi systems have slow bandwidth lack device capacity and less secure connections. WiFi 6 can meet growing demand for connectivity across all the technology and devices the industry depends on.
- As wireless handheld Point of Sale devices increase in use so does the need for suffcinet bandwidth and total site coverage. WiFi 6 can meet those growing demands.
- Libraries, city halls, police offices and the public sector in general are becoming more technologically advanced and reliant on WiFi and need the bandwidth capacity and efficiency it offers.
- The increase in video streaming, online with WiFi 6 greatly improve student’s and teacher’s educational experiences.
- From AI assembly line robots to autonomous delivery trucks, most or all new machinery and loT will require high bandwidth and capacity.
- Finance companies need high bandwidth and zero-delay streaming to meet the needs of daily stock market traders and demanding finance apps. WiFi 6 can keep up with these demand.
- Houses of worship need great network conncetivity to make sure everything runs smoothly for the team and improve the congregation’s experince. Reliability, simplicity and affordability are high priorities. WiFi 6 checks all those boxes.
The WiFi 6 Difference
Increased speed, coverage, and capacity for today’s WiFi demands
Up to 70% faster speeds on both bands
Up to 50% more coverage, with no dead zones
- Device Capacity
More simultaneous users, with high WiFi quality for everyone
|WAX220 Technical Specifications|
|Power Supply||12V/2.5V (30W) Power adapter (included with WAX220PA model only) or PoE+ Switch|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||7.71x7.71x1.74 in (196x196x44.4 mm)|
|Mounting options||Ceiling or Wall mount|
|Ethernet Ports||One (1) 100/1000/2500Mbps Ethernet (RJ-45) PoE port with Auto Uplink (Auto MDI-X)|
|Hardware Buttons||Default Reset|
|LEDs||4 LEDs (Power, LAN, 2.4GHz, 5GHz)|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40° to 70°C|
|Operating Relative Humidity||5% to 95%|
|Storage Humidity||5% to 95%|
|MTBF||@ 25°C > 1,896,453 hours
@ 45°C > 431,098 hours
|Safety Certification||CB, EN60950, EN62368|
IEEE 802.11ac specification
IEEE 802.11n 2.0 specification
|Frequency Band||2.4GHz and 5GHz concurrent operation|
|Maximum Theoretical Throughput||600Mbps (2.4GHz)
|Maximum Number of Clients||256 (2.4GHz 128, 5GHz 128)|
|Deployment options||Standalone Web UI|
|Access Point||Antenna: 5dBi (2.4GHz), 5dBi (5GHz)|
|Security||WiFi Protected Access (WPA2/WPA3)
MAC Address filtering
|802.11e WMM||Wireless multimedia mode for QoS|
|Simultaneous Bridge/Client Association||No|
|WiFi 6 AX4200 Dual-band Access Point with Multi-Gig PoE (WAX220)
Wall/ceiling mount kit
Warranty/support information card
Power adapter, available in WAX220PA-100NAS SKU only
|Warranty and Support|
|Hardware Limited Warranty||3 years|
|Next-Business-Day (NBD) Replacement||Yes|
|Technical support (online, phone)||90 days free from date of purchase*|
|ProSUPPORT OnCall 24x7 Service Packs**||Category 1
PMB0331 (3 yrs)
PMB0351 (5 yrs)
*This product comes with a limited warranty that is valid only if purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller, and covers unmodified hardware, fans and internal power supplies – not software or external power supplies, and requires product registration using the Insight mobile app or Insight Cloud portal within 90 days of purchase; see https://www.netgear.com/about/warranty for details. Intended for indoor use only.
Download the NETGEAR WAX220 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Add to Cart for Pricing
Add to Cart for Pricing