AXE7800 Tri-Band PoE WiFi 6E Insight Managed Access Point
Next Gen 6GHz Tri-Band WiFi 6E Access Point for the Small and Medium Size Businesses
The WAX630E expands the NETGEAR Insight Cloud Managed Access Point products to offer a next generation triband access point that includes a new and ultra wide, ultra fast WiFi frequency band. The WAX630E is a 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz tri-band design delivering up-to 7.8Gbps total WiFi throughput, supported by a 2.5Gbps Power-overEthernet and a 1Gbps Ethernet ports, and industry leader of technology innovation and performance in its product class.
The WAX630E enables industry's next generation WiFi standard, WiFi 6 Release 2, or WiFi 6E, operating on 6GHz band, delivering unprecedented data throughput speed and available channels for WiFi connectivity with smartphones, IoTs, and computers. The new 6GHz band provides up to 3.5 times more channels for WiFi communication, enabling the WAX630E to deliver faster speed, handling more client devices in a significantly less congested environment. Next Gen 6GHz Tri-Band WiFi 6E Access Point Insight WAX630E for the Small and Medium Size Businesses WiFi 6 Release 1 operates only in 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, with 80MHz channelization in the 5GHz band. By contrast, WiFi 6 Release 2, or WiFi 6E, operates in 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz bands, with 160MHz channelization in the 5GHz and 6GHz bands. By enabling the 160MHz channels, the WAX630E delivers 100% more speed in the 5GHz band than WiFi 6 Release 1 access points.
The WAX630E is ideal in high density client device environments such as schools, hotels, restaurants and conference centers, and provides enterprise grade WiFi network security. With Insight management, WAX630E works seamlessly with your current NETGEAR Insight managed switches, WiFi access points and network storage, and is compatible with previous generation WiFi devices (WiFi 5 802.11ac for example) and WiFi Access Points. Enjoy a 1-Year Insight subscription included with WAX630E. With the updated WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and WiFi 6E (802.11ax) technology such as OFDMA, upstream and downstream MU-MIMO, and increased speeds, coverage, and capacity, you can feel confident that you’re getting the highest performance WiFi that’s set for years to come! Plus the assurance that you can now add more connected devices on your business WiFi network without any slowdowns or blind spots.
The WAX630E, a WiFi 6 Business Access Point, combined with Insight, helps small and medium businesses with an easy way to manage their network without an IT expert, providing great WiFi connection leaving each of their customers satisfied as a network user. NETGEAR empowers businesses with an all new WiFi 6 Business Access Point for high performance and high coverage for the years to come. The WAX630E is compatible with WAC510, WAC540, WAC564, WAX610, WAX620, and WAX630 Insight Managed Access Points to form a scalable wireless network.
Business features for higher speed, greater coverage and higher density tri-band WiFi
- Business class WiFi based on next generation 802.11ax WiFi 6 technology on 6.0GHz, 5.0GHz and 2.4GHz bands. Backward compatible to 802.11b/g/n/a/ac
- Support 160MHz channelization in both 5GHz and 6GHz to deliver 200% throughput compared to previous generation
- Tri-band, 2.4GHz, 5.0GHz, 6.0GHz, 8 streams of data for an aggregate throughput of up to 7.8Gbps
- Instant WiFi Mesh forming wireless backhaul with other WAX610, WAX620, WAX630, WAX630E , WAC540 or WAC564 units to form a WiFi mesh network
- 100% more throughput in 4-stream 5.0GHz band compared to previous generation
- 4 times more client device supported
- Enterprise security and Enhanced Open security, such as WPA3, WPA2 Enterprise, WPA3 Enterprise, 8x SSID, Dynamic VLAN and VLAN
- Basic Service Set Coloring (BSS Coloring) enabling significant improvement in radio frequency channel effeciency and reduction of interference
- Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allowing simultaneous services to multiple devices in the same channel thus improving bandwidth efficiency and reducing latency
- 2.5GbE port, backward compatible with 100/1000Mbps Ethernet, supported by NETGEAR MS510TXUP and other multigig Ethernet switches
- One additional 1 GbE port for Ethernet network extension to another WiFi access point, or another Ethernet switch
- Target Wake Time (TWT) allows more efficient power usage resulting in longer battery life in WiFi 6 client devices
- Beamforming+; Advanced 6th generation WiFi technology such as up and downstream MU-MIMO
- One 802.3bt 2.5Gbps PoE port. Remote management and monitoring from NETGEAR Insight app or Cloud Portal for unrivaled management experience of your wireless network.
- App managed. Faster installation through NETGEAR Insight app or Cloud Portal. No additional hardware needed.
- Market leading 5-year warranty with 24x7 chat support for peace of mind
Remote monitoring and management with NETGEAR Insight
- 1-Year Insight subscription included
- Instant discovery & set-up
- Local and Cloud monitoring and management through the Insight app or Cloud Portal
- Remote access and multi-device configuration
- No additional Cloud controller, appliance, network manager, or PC/server is necessary
- QR code intial configuaration for instant installation
WiFi 6E Performance, Enterprise Reliability
New 6GHz Band
Up to 7.8Gbps WiFi speed plus next-gen WiFi 6E technology adds a new 6GHz band for maximum speed and capacity
Easily configure your network to ensure secure connections for every device
Setup, monitor and manage your network locally or remotely with NETGEAR Insight
Maket Leading Support
Backed by an industry leading warranty with trained experts supporting you 24x7
WiFi 6E, The Fastest WiFi Ever
WAX630E adds a new 6GHz band for new high-performance WiFi 6E devices like laptops and smartphones, reducing data loads on the other two bands so WiFi speed increases for every device connected to the access point.
WAX630E Deployment Scenario
WiFi 6 for business and home office
NETGEAR has been at the forefront of innovation and cutting-edge solution for more than 20 years, providing innovative and ground-breaking network solutions which include a suite of advanced WiFi 6 products – giving you access to the most advanced WiFi on the planet.
WiFi 6 overcomes these challenges
- Coverage and range, especially through walls in blind spots
- Need for faster and easier set up
- Network and per device speed, especially with more devices
- Demand for security and access control
- Need for smooth configuration and firmware updates
WiFi 6 for Business
Why are businesses adopting WiFi 6?
- Best WiFi Speed – 70% more throughput than WiFi 5
- Connect More Devices - optimized speed even in high density areas
- Improved Coverage
- Battery Efficiency
- Seamless Roaming
- Faster Backbone with 2.5G - Multi-gig networking and connectivity
- High Density IoT
- Safer Networks
Remote WiFi 6 Management
Most NETGEAR WiFi 6 business access points include NETGEAR Insight, the award-winning remote cloud management solution for easy installation, monitoring, and management from anywhere.
NETGEAR Insight is an industry first in network management, providing easy plug-and-play setup and management. Its cloud portal can be accessed via an intuitive web interface or the Insight mobile app. Insight offers a wide variety of configuration options for the most basic networks to multi-tenancy and multi-roles.
NETGEAR Insight enables easy configuration, monitoring, and management of your wireless access points together with Insight-managed switches and storage. Wireless management features include: Instant WiFi for automatic wireless configuration to limit interferences, frequency band selection, VLAN creation and association with SSID, WiFi security configuration, visibility into WiFi clients, reporting, and many more.
Who is upgrading to WiFi 6?
- Sharing a WiFi connection with the rest of the family as people are working from home, video calling or downloading large files can slow everyone down. WiFi 6 is optimized for concurrent users.
- As medicine moves toward more innovative technologies for imaging, record storage, and telehealth, it requires more bandwidth. Upgrading to WiFi 6 helps ease high demand and provide efficiency.
- Older, legacy WiFi systems have slow bandwidth lack device capacity and less secure connections. WiFi 6 can meet growing demand for connectivity across all the technology and devices the industry depends on.
- As wireless handheld Point of Sale devices increase in use so does the need for suffcinet bandwidth and total site coverage. WiFi 6 can meet those growing demands.
- Libraries, city halls, police offices and the public sector in general are becoming more technologically advanced and reliant on WiFi and need the bandwidth capacity and efficiency it offers.
- The increase in video streaming, online with WiFi 6 greatly improve student’s and teacher’s educational experiences.
- From AI assembly line robots to autonomous delivery trucks, most or all new machinery and loT will require high bandwidth and capacity.
- Finance companies need high bandwidth and zero-delay streaming to meet the needs of daily stock market traders and demanding finance apps. WiFi 6 can keep up with these demand.
- Houses of worship need great network conncetivity to make sure everything runs smoothly for the team and improve the congregation’s experince. Reliability, simplicity and affordability are high priorities. WiFi 6 checks all those boxes.
The WiFi 6 Difference
Increased speed, coverage, and capacity for today’s WiFi demands
Up to 70% faster speeds on both bands
Up to 50% more coverage, with no dead zones
- Device Capacity
More simultaneous users, with high WiFi quality for everyone
|WiFi Standards||5.0GHz: 802.11a/g/n/ac/ax
|Wireless Mode (Transmit x Receive)||2x2 in 5.0GHz
2x2 in 2.4GHz
|4x4 in 5.0GHz
4x4 in 2.4GHz
|4x4 in 5.0GHz H
4x4 in 5.0GHz L
4x4 in 2.4GHz
|2x2 in 6.0GHz
2x2 in 2.4GHz
|Channelization||5GHz: 20/40/80MHz||5GHz: 20/40/80MHz||5GHz H: 20/40/80MHz
5GHz L: 20/40/8080MHz
|OFDM/OFDMA||OFDM and OFDMA||OFDM and OFDMA||OFDM and OFDMA||OFDM and OFDMA|
|Multi-User MIMO||Bidir and MU-MIMO||Bidir and MU-MIMO||Bidir and MU-MIMO||Bidir and MU-MIMO|
|Target Wake Time (TWT)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Maximum Theoretical Throughput||AX1800 1.8Gbps||AX3600 3.6Gbps||AX6000 6Gbps||AXE7800 7.8Gbps|
|Maximum Theoretical Throughput per Band||5.0GHz: 1200Mbps
|5.0GHz H: 2400Mbps
5.0GHz L: 2400Mbps
|Antenna Gain||Internal 3.8/4.5dBi
|Internal 3.1/4.3 dBi
|Internal 2.86/4.41/4.98 dBi
(2.4GHz/5GHz L/5GHz H)
|Internal 4.4/6.3/3.1 dBi
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||802.3at/af||802.3at/af||802.3bt/at||802.3bt/at|
|PoE Power Consumption||15.3W||25.5W||30.1W||27.64W|
|Centralized Management||Insight App||Insight App||Insight App||Insight App|
|Secure Socket Layer (SSL)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wireless Distribution System (WDS)|
|Simultaneous Bridge and Wireless Client Association||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|WiFi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2/WPA3), 802.11i||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|WiFi Protected Access (WPA, WPA2, WPA3)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|WPA2 and WPA3 Enterprise||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wireless access control to identify authorized wireless network devices||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MAC address authentication||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MAC address filtering with access control||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|802.1x RADIUS support with EAP TLS, TTLS, PEAP||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Neighbor AP detection||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Block SSID Broadcast||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Guest Network/Captive Portal||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Link Layer Discovery Protocol||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Instant WiFi Mesh|
|Wireless backhaul to form Mesh Network||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|IEEE 802.11ax WiFi 6 standard||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|WMM Wireless Multimedia Prioritization||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|WDS Wireless Distribution System||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3af||Yes, approximately 60% of full throughput performance||Yes, approximately 60% of full throughput performance||No||No|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3at||Yes||Yes||Yes, max throughput will reduce by 50% on 2.4GHz and 5GHz Low||Max throughput will reduce by 50% on 5GHz|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3bt||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dimensions||160.9 x 160.9 x 33.25 mm
(6.33 x 6.33 x 1.30 in)
|205.7 x 205.7 x 34.3 mm
(8.09 x 8.09 x 1.35 in)
|266.61 x 268.29 x 55.5 mm
(10.49 x 10.56 x 2.18 in)
|266.61 x 268.29 x 55.5 mm
(10.49 x 10.56 x 2.18 in)
|Weight||412 g (0.90 lb)||783 g (1.72 lb)||956 g (2.10 lb)||1050 g (2.31 lb)|
|Operating temperature||0° to 40°C(32° to 104°F)||0° to 40°C(32° to 104°F)||0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)||0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)|
|Interface||One 100/1000/2.5GBASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) ports with Auto Uplink (Auto MDI-X) supporting IEEE 802.3af, 802.3bt or 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE)||One 100/1000/2.5G (IEEE 802.3at or 802.3bt doesn't support IEEE 802.3af) One 100/1000M Ethernet|
|Power adapter (not included)||12V DC, 2.5A; plug is localized to country of sale||12V DC, 2.5A; plug is localized to country of sale||12V DC, 3.5A; plug is localized to country of sale||12V DC, 3.5A; plug is localized to country of sale|
|LED||One (1): Power and cloud connection; One (1): LAN port; Two (2): Radio (2.4GHz, 5GHz)||One (1): Power and cloud connection; Two (2): LAN ports; Three (3): Radio (2.4GHz, 5GHz L, 5GHz H)|
|NETGEAR Insight App||App Management for setup, monitoring and management|
|Wireless Distribution System (WDS)||Bridge mode: Point-to-point wireless
Bridge mode: Point-to-multipoint wireless
Adjustable Transmit Power Control (TPC)
Identify type of wireless clients in the network
|WAX610 Insight Managed Wireless Access Point
Wall/ceiling mount kit
|WAX620 Insight Managed Wireless Access Point
Wall/ceiling mount kit
|WAX630 Insight Managed Wireless Access Point
Wall/ceiling mount kit
|WAX630E Insight Managed Wireless Access Point
Wall/ceiling mount kit
|Hardware Limited Warranty||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Next-Business-Day (NBD) Replacement||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Technical support (online, phone)||90 days free from date of purchase*||90 days free from date of purchase*||90 days free from date of purchase*||90 days free from date of purchase*|
|ProSUPPORT OnCall 24x7 Service Packs**||PMB0312-10000S, 1 year
PMB0332-10000S, 3 years
PMB0352-10000S, 5 years
*This product comes with a limited warranty that is valid only if purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller, and covers unmodified hardware, fans and internal power supplies – not software or external power supplies, and requires product registration using the Insight mobile app or Insight Cloud portal within 90 days of purchase; see https://www.netgear.com/about/warranty for details. Intended for indoor use only.
Download the NETGEAR WAX630E Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.