16-port ProSAFE 10-Gigabit Smart Managed Switch
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
- 16 x 10GBASE-T copper ports supporting 10G/1G/100M speeds
- 2 x Shared (combo) 10GBASE-T copper/10GBASE-X SFP+ ports supporting 10G/1G speeds
Leading the industry with the 2nd generation of 10-Gigabit Smart Managed Switches, Purposely Designed for SMB with Cost-Effective 10GBASE-T Connectivity and Advanced L2+/ Layer 3 Lite Features
As a leading provider of network equipment for SMBs, NETGEAR understands the importance of reliable and high performance networks. With the growth of virtualization, cloud-based services and applications like VoIP, video streaming and IP surveillance, SMB networks need to extend beyond simple reliability to higher speed and performance. The 10-Gigabit Smart Managed Switch series from NETGEAR presents the right solution for this requirement; delivering unprecedented non-blocking 10-Gigabit bandwidth at an affordable cost.
The NETGEAR ProSAFE XS708T, XS716T, XS728T, and XS748T are powerful Smart Managed Switches that come with 8, 16, 24, or 44 10-Gigabit Copper ports and either 2 Shared (Combo) Copper/SFP+ ports (XS708T/XS716T) or 4 additional Dedicated SFP+ ports (XS728T/XS748T) for 10G Fiber links. The NETGEAR 10-Gigabit Smart Managed Switches are purposely designed as a cost-effective way to provide 10G connections to 10G-capable servers and NAS (Network Attached Storage) systems. They can be used at the “center of a small business network” or as an aggregation / access switch in a larger organization including workgroup access, connecting to a 10-Gigabit NETGEAR ProSAFE Fully Managed Switch on one end and extending the 10G connections to the edge. The XS708T and XS716T are also ideal for smaller workgroups that need high bandwidth for sharing, collaborating, editing, and publishing high-density content like video or animation.
The ProSAFE 10G Smart Managed Switches provide comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite features in order to meet current and future needs on virtualization, converged networking and mobility. Some of the main features include:
- Advanced VLAN features such as Protocolbased VLAN, MAC-based (Media Access Control) VLAN and 802.1x Guest VLAN
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) with L2/ L3/L4 awareness and 8 priority queues
- IPv4 and IPv6 static routing
- Private VLAN
- Dynamic VLAN assignment
- IGMP and MLD snooping
- Advanced Security
- IPv6 for management, QoS and ACL
10-Gigabit Transition with BASE-T
- 10GBASE-T, like other BASE-T technologies, uses the standard RJ45 Ethernet jack
- It is backward compatible, auto-negotiating between higher and lower speeds – thereby not forcing an all-at-once network equipment upgrade
- Cat5/Cat5e are supported for Gigabit speeds up to 100 meters
- Cat6 twisted pair copper cabling supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 45 meters
- Cat6a or newer Cat7 cabling will allow for up to 100 meter 10GBASE-T connections
Designed as Core Switch for SMB Network
- 10G connection to 10G-capable servers and network storages
- Powerful L2+/Layer 3 Lite features make them the most cost-effective core switches for SMB and virtualization environment
- Future-Proof your network with 10G bandwidth, advanced traffic management and comprehensive IPv6 Support
- Static routing, helps to route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
- IGMP and MLD snooping, providing advanced multicast filtering
Act as Aggregation Switch for Mediumsized Network
- 10G switch helps to resolve the congestion issue between network edge and core, which is caused by the boarder adoption of Gigabit-to-the-desktop
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet provides greater scalability than multiple Gigabit Ethernet links, resulting in a simplified and highlyefficient network infrastructure
- Up to eight 10 Gigabit Ethernet links can be aggregated into a virtual 80-Gbps connection
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet reduces cabling complexity and uses existing cabling efficiently
Smart IT, not Big IT
- Easy to manage via web-Based Management GUI or Smart Control Center for multi-switch deployment
- Standard-based technology, ensuring interoperability with any standard-based devices in the existing network
- Dual firmware images, improving reliability and uptime to your network
- Worry-free with NETGEAR ProSAFE Lifetime Hardware Warranty
- Minimal down-time with NETGEAR ProSAFE LIFETIME Next-Business-Day Replacement Warranty
- Get deployment assistance with 90-days Free 24x7 Advanced Technical Phone Support**
- LIFETIME Online Chat Technical Support
At a Glance:
|10GBASE-T Copper Ethernet connections||Support low-latency, line-rate 10G Copper “BASE-T” technology with backward compatibility to Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet. Cost-effectively migrate current network to 10G capacity by utilizing the existing Cat6 RJ45 short connections (up to 30m) and Cat6a/Cat7 connections up to 100m.|
|10GBASE-X SFP+ ports||Providing flexibility to uplink to 10G-capable core or aggregation switches that support fiber links. Backward compatible to Gigabit fiber. Support copper or fiber modules.|
|USB Configuration Port||Quickly and conveniently upgrade or restore firmware, load or backup configuration files, or download system log files for troubleshooting.|
|Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az)||Maximum power reduction for ongoing operation cost savings.|
|Comprehensive IPv6 Support for Management, ACL and QoS||Build current network with future in mind. Ensure investment protection and a smooth migration to an IPv6-based network without switch replacement.|
|IPv4 & IPv6 Static Routing||A simple way to provide segmentation of the network with internal routing through the switch – reserving the router for external traffic routing only, making the entire network more efficient.|
|Robust security features:
||Build a secured, converged network with all types of traffic by preventing external attacks and blocking malware while allowing secure access for authorized users.|
|Comprehensive QoS features:
||Advanced controls for optimized network performance and better delivery of mission-critical traffic such as voice and video.|
|Auto-VoIP, Auto-Voice VLAN, and Auto-Video VLAN||Automatic Voice over IP prioritization (Auto-VoIP) simplifies most complex multi-vendor IP telephone deployments either based on protocols (SIP, H.323 and SCCP) or on OUI bytes (default database and user-based OUIs) in the phone source MAC address, providing the best class of service to VoIP streams (both data and signaling) over other ordinary traffic by classifying traffic, and enabling correct egress queue configuration. Similarly, Auto-Video VLAN enables IGMP snooping to minimize broadcast streams.|
|IGMP Snooping and MLD Snooping||Facilitate fast receiver joins and leaves for multicast streams. Save cost and improve network efficiency by ensuring multicast traffic only reaches designated receivers without the need of an extra multicast router|
|Protected Ports||Ensure no exchange of unicast, broadcast, or multicast traffic between the protected ports on the switch, thereby improving the security of your converged network. This allows your sensitive phone phone conversations to stay private and your surveillance video clips can be forwarded to their designated storage device without leakage or alteration.|
|DHCP Snooping||Ensure IP address allocation integrity by only allowing DHCP messages from trusted DHCP servers and dropping malformed DHCP messages with a port or MAC address mismatch.|
|Dynamic VLAN Assignment (RADIUS)||IP phones and PCs can authenticate on the same port but under different VLAN assignment policies. Users are free to move around and enjoy the same level of network access regardless of their physical location on the network.|
|Private VLAN||Private VLANs help reduce broadcast with added security.|
|Dual Firmware Images and Configuration Files||Dual firmware images and dual configuration files for transparent firmware updates/configuration changes with minimum service interruption.|
|NETGEAR XS716T Specifications|
|100M/1G/10G RJ-45 copper ports||16|
|1G/10G copper ports||N/A|
|1G/10G SFP+ (fiber) ports||2 shared (combo)|
|USB port (for config file upload/backup & firmware updates)||Yes|
|Packet buffer memory (Dynamically shared across only used ports)||2MB|
|Priority queuing||Weighted Round Robin (WRR) and Strict Priority|
|MAC Address database size (48-bit MAC addresses)||16K|
|Number of IPv4 static routes||32|
|Number of IPv6 static routes||32|
|Number of VLANs||256|
|Number of ARP cache entries||738|
|Number of DHCP snooping bindings||8K|
|Access Control Lists (ACLs)||100 shared for MAC, IP and IPv6 ACLs|
|Packet forwarding rate (64 byte packet size) (Mfps or Mpps)||238.0|
|Jumbo frame support||Up to 9K packet size|
|Acoustic noise level @ 25°C (dBA) (ANSI-S10.12)||29.1 dBA|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) @ 25°C||276,832 hours|
|L2 Services - VLAN||
|L2 Services - Availability||
|L2 Services - Multicast Filtering||
|L3 Services - DHCP||
|L3 Services - Routing||
|Network Monitoring and Discovery Services||
|Qualtiy of Service (QOS)||
|IEEE Network Protocols||
|Per port||Speed, Link, Activity|
|Per device||Power and Fan|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||440 x 204 x 43 mm (17.3 x 8 x 1.7 in)|
|Weight||2.98 kg (6.57 lb)|
|Max power (worst case, all ports used, line-rate traffic) (Watts)||96.0 W|
|Min power (link-down standby) (Watts)||45.3 W|
|Heat Dissipation (max and min) (BTU/hr)||Max: 327.74 BTU
Min: 154.65 BTU
|Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) IEEE 802.3az||Yes (deactivated by default)|
|Operating Temperature||-5° to 55°C (23° to 131°F)|
|Operating Humidity (relative)||90% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Operating Altitude||10,000ft (3,000m) maximum|
|Storage Temperature||–10° to 70°C (– 14° to 158°F)|
|Storage Humidity (relative)||95% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Storage Altitude||10,000ft (3,000m) maximum|
|Electromagnetic Emissions and Immunity|
|Warranty and Supprot|
|ProSAFE Lifetime Warranty||Included, Lifetime*|
|Lifetime 24x7 Online Technical Support*||Included, Lifetime*|
|Lifetime Next-Business-Day (NBD) Replacement||Included, Lifetime*|
|ProSUPPORT OnCall 24x7, Category 2** Service Packs||Category 1:
PMB0311 (1 yr.)
PMB0331 (3 yrs.)
PMB0351 (5 yrs.)
* This product comes with a limited warranty that is valid only if purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller, and modifications to product may void the warranty; covers hardware, fans, and internal power supplies - not software or external power supplies; see http://www.netgear.com/about/warranty/ for details. Lifetime technical support includes basic phone support for 90 days from purchase date and lifetime online chat support when purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller.
** The NETGEAR OnCall 24x7 contract provides unlimited phone and email technical support for your networking product. For ProSAFE products purchased prior to 06/2014, also includes next business-day hardware replacement.
Why 10G Switches and Why from NETGEAR?
NETGEAR introduced the industry’s first cost-effective 10-Gigabit Switches for SMBs in 2013 and is the leading provider for 10G solutions at affordable price points:
- Ideal for SMBs to use as the core switch, connecting to 10G-capable Servers and network storage.
- Expand network capacity, remove performance bottlenecks and/or support premise expansion needs.
- Cost-effectively expand 10G bandwidth from core switch in medium-sized networks to access switches which are equipped with 10G uplinks.
- Powerful feature sets with advanced L2+/Layer 3 Lite functions, enhanced security measures, static routing, dynamic VLAN assignment and IPv6 management and support.
- Improved usability for easier and smoother deployment of voice, video, and WLAN on the same converged platform.
- LIFETIME warranty on hardware, LIFETIME Next-Business-Day (NBD) replacement, LIFETIME tech support online chat, and 90-days Free Advanced Tech Phone Support for peace-of-mind.
Download the NETGEAR XS708T, XS716T, XS728T and XS748T Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!